There's an old joke in the IT industry about the big difference between what their business customers think they need from an IT system and what they really need.
Paradoxically, this has led to decades in which the IT industry has tended to provide business users with what IT people think is in their company's best interest, and not necessarily what business people really demand! You can also visit https://www.tekkis.com/ for business managed IT support services.
Image Source: Google
People working in business IT support services are often hybrid individuals. You may have very impressive IT skills, but also experience in certain areas of different business operations.
If you don't have people performing these roles within your organization or on their behalf through affiliate providers, you run the risk of serious problems between conflicting imperatives such as:
- A company that needs to limit IT spending to areas where the biggest cash boom is likely to occur.
- The demands of their customers and the market for new devices (eg interaction with their systems via smart devices)
- Trade pressures due to IT innovations on their competitors.
- Stay focused on your core business and not on information technology.
- Reduce system maintenance costs, or at least limit them to a reasonable percentage of the total operating margin (remember that the more systems you have and the more complex it is, the higher your annual cost of ownership will be, unless you take the proper steps to manage it).